This page provides a list of bicycle rides I have done before I joined Strava as part of my exercise program, in descending date order. It also includes a summary of personal cycling records.
From 1 July 2013, I have a Strava account ( http://www.strava.com/athletes/2391765 ) which has details of my rides. If you are a member of Strava, then why not Follow me (and I will probably follow you too).
- Highest KMs ridden in a week: 2014-03-03 to 2014-03-09: 330km.
- Highest KMs ridden in a day: 2014-07-06: 104km (2014-05-16: 100km. 2014-04-20: 84km. 2014-03-03: 81km).
- Highest KMs travelled in a month: 2017-11: 1002km (2015-12: 888km. 2014-03: 864km. 2013-09: 775km). Mostly cycling but also may include a very small percentage of hiked / ran / walked kms.
- Highest Elevation Gain in a day: 2014-03-03: 933m.
- Longest single ride: 2014-07-06: 104km [Rutherglen – Londrigan – M2MRT – Everton – Bright] (2014-05-16: 100km – [Culcairn – Walbundrie – Brocklesby – Howlong – Rutherglen – Wahgunyah]. (2014-04-20: 84km – [Culcairn – Henty – Cookadinia – Morven – Culcairn]. 2014-04-22: 79km – [Culcairn – Alma Park – Pleasant Hills – Osborne – Lockhart]).
My aim is to ride up to 50km per day, 3 days a week. OR average 150km a week over 4 weeks.
Below is older historical ride data for pre-Strava rides…
- 2013-06-30 – 45km, 2.03hrs, Avg speed 22kmh
- 2013-06-28 – 66km, 3.25hrs, Avg speed 20kmh – new distance record!
- 2013-06-21 – 28km, 1.167hrs, Avg speed 24kmh – new avg speed record!
- 2013-06-20 – 34km, 1.583hrs, Avg speed 21kmh
- 2013-06-10 – 30km, 1.667hrs, Avg speed 18kmh
- 2013-06-07 – 28km, 1.333hrs, Avg speed 21kmh
- 2013-05-24 – 28km, 1.417hrs, Avg speed 19kmh
Big gap here is because I had no glasses and so didn’t feel safe riding especially on the dirt / gravel roads!
- 2013-05-10 – 38km, 1.833hrs, Avg speed 20kmh
- 2013-05-06 – 34km, 1.76hrs, Avg speed 19kmh
- 2013-05-05 – 40km, 1.833hrs, Avg speed 21kmh
- 2013-05-03 – 61km, 2.67hrs, Avg speed 22kmh – new distance record! Km in a week record: 141km!
- 2013-04-29 – 46km, 2.083hrs, Avg speed 22kmh – new avg speed and distance record!
- 2013-04-28 – 34km, 1.67hrs, Avg speed 20kmh
- 2013-04-26 – 30km, 1.5hrs, Avg speed: 20kmh.
Rides were done regularly between 2013-03-25 and 2013-04-26 and included quite a few 25km, a number of 30km, a few 38km rides. Average speeds were not always recorded but those that were calculated varied between 15 and 20kmh average speed.
- 2013-03-25 – 38km – new record distance for me!
- 2013-02-17 – 25km – new record distance for me!
- December 2012 – Rode the Myrtleford – Bright section of the Murray to Mountains Railtrail, 30km.
- In Aug 2012 – Feb 2012, the average ride was 10km with the occasional maximum of 18km, increasing to an average of about 15km.
Between and including the years 2009 and 2011, the ‘daily commute’ was generally a bicycle ride of 10km each way per day, resulting in 20km per day or 100km per week. This took 35 minutes one way and about 40 the other, resulting in 20km travelled in 1.25 hours, for an average speed of 16kmh.